The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy, and ability to deliver news and data investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through partnership with key news-makers.
Bloomberg is looking for news editor to join the editorial team at its flagship online publication in New York. The role of news editor at Bloomberg Digital is a uniquely modern position that requires tenacity, speed, technical know-how, and a daily passion for news. News editors are unflappable in the face of fast-breaking news, poised under pressure, and committed to accuracy.
News editors are responsible for spotting big stories and featuring them on the homepage, social and mobile. A high degree of fluency with news-gathering technology, mobile apps and social media is a requirement, as news editors work natively in a digital environment, spotting stories, trends, and patterns.
As our digital news editor, we’ll trust you to:
- Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
- Evaluate and promote the most important stories of the day on the front page and the app
- Have a deep understanding of and responsiveness to digital analytics
- Work with social media editors to effectively share stories with the world
- Write and send mobile push alerts for various audience groups & region
- Ensure clear writing of headlines, decks and any story framing
- Coordinate with editorial teams in Europe and Asia
We'll need you to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- -5+ years of experience at a leading company
- A strong understanding of the tools, trends, platforms on digital media
- Experience with mobile and social platforms
- Background in journalism, preferably with business and financial news
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter