Bloomberg Businessweek is a global source of essential business insight that inspires leaders to turn ideas into action. Through content, context and teamwork, Bloomberg Businessweek moderates global conversations and moves business professionals forward. Founded in 1929, Bloomberg Businessweek magazine is the market leader, with more than 4.7 million readers each week in 140 countries.
Bloomberg Businessweek is looking for a creative, highly organized, multi-tasker to work in a dynamic busy weekly magazine. Director of Photography is responsible for maintaining editorial tone and voice through photography on print and digital platforms.
- Research photography from both traditional and non-traditional photo sources
- Bring creative vision to assigned and commissioned editorial shoots
- Collaborate with editors to build on-brand, compelling visuals to complement content
- Manage freelancers, photo budget and invoicing. Negotiate fees, secure photo rights and contracts
- Organize, handle and maintain database of digital images files
- BA in the visual arts or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5-years photo editing experience. Editorial photo experience desired.
- The ability to manage and coordinate photo assignments, color correct images, capture relevant images, locate interesting subjects, and manage the archiving of images is required
- Experience managing a team of photo editors
- Proficient on a MAC platform
- Experience matching photos with headlines to achieve maximum impact
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Able to work effectively under deadline pressure a requirement.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you’re a match! We’ll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter