WTVC has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast Engineer in the Engineering Department. This position involves maintaining television transmission and video equipment, including computers and automation systems. The candidate will be directly responsible for hands-on support of a modern broadcast facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide support in the maintenance of all station facilites and equipment, including knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
· Provide engineering support for the installation, servicing and repairing of broadcast equipment and systems
· Provide engineering support for the technical needs of the News Department, including troubleshooting of field gear and procedures
· Assist associates with training and operation of station equipment
· Provide Engineering support with transmitter maintenance
· Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
· Provide on-call engineering support for station operations
· Associates degree or technical education in electronics or computer related field
· 2 - 4 years of related broadcast experience
· A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
· Strong familiarity with broadcast systems and standards (FCC R&Rs)
· Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
· Excellent communication skills
· Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule
· On-call duty, including weekends and holidays
· Ability to lift equipment generally less than 50 pounds
Apply today at http://sbgi.net/careers/
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Do you like this page?