Great city, great station -- great morning team!! Come join the fun in the Scenic City. WTVC is looking for a meteorologist who know weather and knows how to draw in viewers with lifestyle forecasting.
WTVC is seeking a morning Meteorologist! You will present the weather forecast for the weekday morning news. As a Meteorologist, you will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
Job Duties Include:
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Must have the ability to utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Must produce and present clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Develop content and graphics for on-air, web and social media
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
- Doing live shots and reporting from community events and in breaking news
- Sharp news judgment, strong writing and excellent storytelling skills, and the ability to work well with others
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- You will be expected to produce content on a variety of platforms including the Internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is required
Apply today at https://sbgi.net/careers/
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter