WTVC has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position you will collaborate to determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment
- Compelling and accurate writing skills
- The ability to multitask and manage time
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities
- Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station is preferred, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Apply today at sbgi.net/careers
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter