WDSE•WRPT in Duluth, MN seeks an experienced individual for the next Content and Production Manager.
WDSE•WRPT is a significant producer of original television and online content for local, regional and national distribution. This position is responsible for leading, developing and executing program and content strategies and initiatives that position WDSE•WRPT as a significant, impactful, and trusted institution. It leverages multi-platform capabilities and content creation that are community/regionally focused. Primary responsibility is for leading cross-functional teams responsible for program delivery, content creation for multiple platforms, project management, audience development, revenue generation, and evaluation to fulfill the strategic objectives of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Manages and directs WDSE•WRPT television programming schedules, content placement, content acquisition and creation, and distribution plan for all WDSE•WRPT media platforms and properties.
- Responsible for assessing, responding through program and content selection and delivery, and documentation of community problems and interests required by Federal Communications Commission.
- Provides editorial leadership and direction, ensuring that content is on-brand, diverse and inclusive of all audiences, consistent in quality, highest journalistic integrity and standards, and optimized for maximum user experience across platforms.
- Participates as part of the executive management team to establish strategic direction and ensure programming supports the organizational goals and mission.
- Develops WDSE•WRPT’s content creation and distribution platforms vision to support strategic direction and audience development.
- Manages broadcast and production departments.
- Manages relationships with national and local affiliates (PBS, NPR, NETA, etc.).
- Uses audience data and analytic tools to evaluate and create content and programming.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, contracts, and project development.
- Supervisory Duties:
- Directly supervises a production staff with an additional staff through subordinate supervisors.
- Plans, assigns and approves work of production staff.
- Responsible for hiring, training and termination of production staff.
- Responds to employee concerns.
- Prepares and signs performance reviews with salary adjustment recommendations.
- Represents WDSE•WRPT as a responsible, informed ambassador locally and nationally.
- Continually engaged in self-education and professionally provided training.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
WDSE•WRPT is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs/s28jl.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates