This position will work within the Commercial department to support the Ad sales team. This role will assess, aggregate, and analyze datasets to support Ad sales negotiations with clients and agencies. The ideal candidate must have the ability to distill down data to create stories for the Ad sales team.
- Apply a curiosity around media, television, and consumer engagement with media content to prepare data summaries that speak to ION’s wide and engaged television audience.
- Focus on how to describe ION’s television audience through data, which requires both quantitative analysis and an ability to work with qualitative data (e.g. psychographic, buyergraphic).
- Continue to learn about the evolving media environment within which ION is a major player, asking questions about all aspects of the commercial side of a television network to enhance your understanding of this business, and to make your deliverables impactful to sales negotiations.
- Strike the balance between informed, deep insights and summaries that are concise and coherent.
- Manage and prioritize requests from various sides of the Ad sales organization, including same-day ad hoc requests.
- Collaborate with or directly support staff within other divisions to maintain clean datasets, provided either internally or licensed from vendors.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years related experience such as analyzing data and/or building analytical models in an academic/professional setting and 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tool such as R, Matlab, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge of common data structures and the ability to write efficient code in at least one language is a plus (preferably Java, Python, VB, .net or Perl).
- Experience with tools and datasets from the linear television industry (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, GfK MRI, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity or experience with Microsoft Excel and SQL is required.
- Familiarity with modern data analysis environments and associated tools such as Hadoop, NoSQl, unsupervised machine learning, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the capability to describe complex analysis, models, and summarize and simplify findings to internal clients.
- High-energy, self-starter individual with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
How to Apply
For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online at https://careers-ionmedia.icims.com/jobs/1110/data-analyst%2c-sales/job
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter