Open Media seeks a Web Developer with experience creating custom functionality for WordPress and Drupal sites using a variety of languages including HTML, PHP, React. Our top candidate will have a passion for our mission and a desire to support the community and contribute to the greater good.
We’re looking for a Web Developer with outstanding programming capabilities, problem-solving skills and strong work ethic. We need you to bring all things CMS to the table including: theming, custom module development, and API integrations. The ability to handle complicated backend tasks such as migration, search customization and web services programming are key. Our new Web Developer will participate in all areas of the development process, estimating tasks and working to meet team commitments. The primary focus of this job will be to develop new websites on a variety of CMS platforms, as well as redeveloping Open.Media on Drupal 9, an innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) that provides searchable video transparency tools to legislatures, city councils and other government bodies. Some of our current clients include the Colorado State Legislature, Colorado Judicial Branch, City of Littleton and Arapahoe County to name a few. A secondary focus will be on maintaining current and new client websites on Drupal and Wordpress.
- CMS Development in Drupal and Wordpress
- React Development
- Estimating Projects
- Working with other developers and designers
- Training clients on product use
REQUIRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- Wordpress and Drupal development (module and theme) experience
- Strong PHP and MySQL skills
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Intermediate knowledge of React and Redux
- AWS Experience preferred
- Self-motivated and able to tackle problems with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-discipline to follow through on commitments
Belief in the core values of Open Media
- Wisdom of the Crowd
- Direct Communication
- Honoring Our Word
This is a contract-to-hire position paying $47,500 annually with the intent to hire for permanent employment. In addition to an employer-sponsored HSA, we offer a flexible PTO policy that includes a paid sabbatical after three years. We are located in Downtown Denver, with easy access to light rail, tasty breweries and some of the best restaurants in town.
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking to hire immediately. Local candidates are encouraged to apply, and out of area candidates will be considered who can relocate immediately without relocation assistance. Embracing diversity is a core belief of Open Media. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, age, abilities, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation to apply.
Please submit the following materials to be considered:
Cover letter including:
- Why you believe that you are right for this position and why OM is right for you
- 3 links to previous work and describe your contribution to each project
- A Wordpress project sample (required)
- A Drupal module code sample through an external link or attached file (optional)
- A React project sample (optional)
- Current Resume
Please email all documents and links to [email protected]. Phone or in-person applications can not be accepted at this time.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter