Diversity & Inclusion / Giving & Outreach Intern - Summer 2020
Pixar is offering this exciting internship program intended to give a student valuable “hands-on” experience and exposure to our unique environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals and gain first-hand experience in our Inclusion Strategies and Giving & Outreach areas.
- Updating and enhancing our internal Wiki (employee communication tool).
- Researching and compiling data, tools, articles, and programs that support the implementation of our inclusion and diversity-related strategies.
- Performing data analysis and compiling information from multiple sources as part of the development of our Diversity & Inclusion dashboard.
- Interfacing with our Studio (Employee) Resource Groups to coordinate support for their activities on behalf of our Inclusion Strategies and Giving and Outreach areas.
- Assist in the development of presentations and other communications, as needed.
- Planning benefit screenings and external visits supporting Outreach initiatives.
- Organizing and tracking swag for in-kind donation program.
- Following up with internal and external requests for support and giving opportunities.
- Coordinating volunteer opportunities with external organizations and internal volunteers.
- Additional activities related to our efforts to drive greater diversity, inclusion and belonging throughout the Studio.
- Strong interest in, and passion for, corporate social responsibility and the development of more diverse and inclusive organizations.
- Strong analytical skills with experience compiling and presenting complex data in easy to understand form.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Highly motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Keynote).
- Knowledge of database, web authoring, graphics editing software.
- The ability to learn new programs quickly is a must (Mac experience preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of sophomore or junior year in a program leading to a degree in HR, Organizational Behavior, Diversity & Inclusion or directly related field. If you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
- Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between May 2020 – Sept 2020.
Submission Process and Application Materials:
- Apply online at pixar.com -- no submissions are accepted via mail or in person.
- Attach a single PDF file with the following:
- Cover Letter: Understanding that 12 weeks is a short period, tell us what value you can add to the Pixar team during your short stint in the Inclusion Strategies and Giving & Outreach areas.
- Course Details: What classes or programs have you completed in the areas of Diversity, Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Human Resources.
- Personal Statement: Please provide a short personal statement (200 words or less) describing what’s drawn you to a career in these areas?
- Due to a large number of submissions, we are unable to respond to requests for updates. You will receive notification of our receipt of your application and when the hiring process is completed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 9, 2020. Click here to apply or go to pixar.com/internships