PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
To assist the Promotions/Marketing department personnel in all aspects of work associated with special events, contesting and all day-to-day promotions/marketing duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with On-Air Promotions Coordinator on all execution and fulfillment of contests as well as coordinating the quarterly/yearly contest winners reports
2. Work with Field Promotions Coordinator to pack bags, call clients to schedule van visits and research all potential promotion locations
3. Assist Promotions Director with promotional agencies to obtain prizing for station contesting and recapping all promotions
4. Oversee all interns assigned to the promotions department
5. Responsible for making sure all promotional closets and vans are organized and clean
6. Assist in the development of station promotional ideas and promotions
7. Work with Field Promotions Coordinator to ensure all sales recaps are complete and sent to Account Executives (including pictures and written)
8. Work on all special projects as assigned by Marketing Director and any other personnel in the department
9. Perform street team duties if needed
10. Perform other job related duties as required by department
11. Attend station events if needed
QUALIFICATIONS - Key Experiences / Achievements & Education
•Experience or strong interest in radio/entertainment/music or marketing / advertising fields.
•Strong interest in music; genuine interest or passion for Urban music ( R&B, Hip Hop, Gospel).
•Understanding of promotion, brand marketing, media/mediums, and how it relates to radio a must.
•Excellent written and verbal skills.
•Exceptional attention to detail and time management
•Excellent common sense and judgment.
•Ability to multi-task a must.
•Ability to work extended hours as needed (particularly during peak event seasons)
•High level of energy and commitment.
•Strong interpersonal / communication skills.
•1-3 years experience. Certificates, Licenses
•Valid driver’s license. Technical / Functional Competencies
•Computer proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard business interactive software.
•Vibes Text Messaging
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements listed above, please submit your resume and information online at:
Phone calls will not be accepted. If applying on line is not possible, please fax your resume to: Fax: 212-206-3320 or mail it to:
Emmis Communications, 395 Hudson Street
7th Floor, New York, NY 10014.
Emails can be sent to: [email protected]- Attn: Koren Vaughan- Marketing Director