Promotions Writer/Producer in Seattle, WA at Cox Media Group (jobs.net)
Are you an experienced Promotions Writer/Producer who excels at marketing a great news brand? Do you like to write, shoot, edit and produce a wide variety of content for a large range of topics? If so, this position is for you!
KIRO 7 and Cox Media Group is seeking a talented creative who can take the lead on projects that cut through the clutter and drive results.
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We’re in search of someone with a positive, can-do attitude, and ambition to learn and grow with a talented and supportive group of producers.
You will be surrounded by a collaborative team that wants to win, and values your expertise, passion, and creativity.
Come experience the incredible beauty of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, the exciting atmosphere of a winning station and take your career to that next level, with the BEST media company in the country!
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and Produce daily news topicals in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Write, shoot and produce Investigative Special Report Promos and Proof of Brand(POBs) and Image promos.
- Write, shoot and produce PSA’s, station sponsored events, sales promotions, and syndicated promotions.
- Will assist Client Services in the writing/producing of commercials, and other sales projects when necessary.
- Produce compelling, targeted, and research driven promotion at all times.
- Embrace the use of process language, and sell brand distinction in Topicals, Special Report and Image Promotion.
- Create multi-platform marketing campaigns developing creative for streaming, digital and social channels.
- Act as an integral part of a collaborative team, including the Creative Services Director, Brand Manager, Creative Services Executive Producer and Art Director, to develop and execute the overall graphic design of the News brand.
What experience/education is required?
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Creative Services or the newsroom at a television station
- Have hands-on experience with a local news product
- Be a creative writer, photographer and video editor
- Experience in graphic design, as it relates to producing compelling/eye-catching promos maximizing effectiveness of graphic elements in the production
- Be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands in and out of sweep periods
- Be willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
- Avid, and or Premiere, After Affects, and Photoshop experience, as well as videography experience
- Prefer experience using iNews and WideOrbit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast-related field preferred
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter