It’s an exciting time to join Crown Media and become part of our award-winning in-house creative agency, Crown Global Brand Group. We are a collaborative, diverse and inclusive team of creatives who take pride in our work, company and brand.
We’re on the search for an Associate Motion Designer to join our expanding creative team. The Associate Designer, Motion is an essential role within the Crown Global Brand Group and is responsible for creating conceptual and engaging designs that reinforce and evolve our brand aesthetic within the parameters of our creative briefs. The ideal candidate is a highly creative thinker, collaborator, problem-solver, and passionate about all things design. In addition to a formal design education, you have tasteful design sensibilities and a strong eye for detail. We are on the hunt for a designer who is looking to grow in their career and with the company.
Under the direction of the Sr. Creative Director, Motion, you will execute creative solutions consistent with Crown Media and its media properties brand criteria. You will be responsible for helping with the day-to-day and overall brand creative development for Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Hallmark Drama and Hallmark Movies Now. Working across internal teams you will bring fresh and creative approaches to business initiatives and identify new innovative directions for the ongoing evolution of our brands.
• Collaborate with other designers, creative directors, producers, and editors to execute on brand creative materials that support 360 marketing initiatives and move our business forward.
• Responsible for designing and executing industry leading creative on projects ranging from On-Air Promos, Brand Creative, Sizzle Reels, Digital and Social content to Ad Sales initiatives, Marketing Campaigns, Corporate Presentations and other internal client needs.
• Enthusiastically partners with peers, direct reports and internal clients to ensure work meets creative and strategic standards appropriate to the target audiences and brand
• Working within brand graphics packages, you will support Senior Motion Designers and Creative Directors on day-to-day projects and responsibilities
• Participate in brief, creative brainstorms and team meetings
• Translate creative brief concepts into effective and original creative
• Undergraduate degree with major in Graphic Arts or Design
• 2 years’ experience of broadcast video design preferred
• Will consider someone right out of school who has an outstanding portfolio/reel
• Strong design, typographic, conceptual and animation skills a must!
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and 3rd party plug-ins
• Current with motion design trends and practices
• Solid understanding of file structure and project workflow
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Comfortable troubleshooting basic IT and technical issues as they arise
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to juggle multiple projects and pivot when necessary
• Must submit a portfolio link with resume when applying
• You are a team player with a positive attitude and thrive in a collaborative work environment
• Responds with a “can do” attitude to tight deadlines and feedback from team leaders
• Cinema 4D experience a plus but not necessary
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while balancing high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
• Passionate and curious about design, TV, movies, streaming and all things entertainment
• Excellent and articulate communicator/partner who proactively seeks out information when necessary
• Ability to showcase diplomatic skills in the face of the unpredictable
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Must own an ugly holiday sweater!