The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for engineering and deploying cloud security architecture, best practices and processes throughout the organization in alignment and compliance with our parent company Hallmark Cards. You will be responsible for ensuring that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
- Partnering with our Information Security teams to ensure compliance to Data Governance standards, policies, and procedures, including but not limited to PCI-DSS, SOC II, state/federal/international data privacy laws, and NIST/CIS guidelines
- Planning, design, implementation, and testing of security systems
- Developing security standards, policies, and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our cloud networks, systems, applications and their integration with the on-premises network
- Partnership with Technology business units on cloud-based initiatives, helping them to comply with security requirements while advising them on best security practices, and industry standards
- Direct collaboration with the Hallmark cards Information Security team to monitor the security environment, identify security gaps, and evaluate and implement enhancements
- Assisting the Data Governance program by providing solution designs and technical consulting services
- Researching and designing public key infrastructures, certification authorities, and digital signatures, and ensuring all personnel have cloud access limited to their need and role in the organization
- Detailed understanding of cloud security and cloud infrastructure services, and network and web related protocols such as, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols
- Hands on experience installing and configuring LANs, WANs, VPNs, VPCs, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and related security infrastructure and devices
- 3+ years of AWS Cloud Architecture experience
- Understanding of identity and IAM processes, technologies, standards and industry best practices
- Experience with establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting security breach drills
- Creation of security system plans and architecture
- Experience with the assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information security technologies and processes (e. g., app security, data protection, access management, network security) within a cloud environment.
- AWS Certification
- 4-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with security/performance testing. The ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex and dynamic environment
- Experience configuring and administering web and application servers and/or code/build deployment i.e. Apache, IIS, .Net, Docker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and maintaining Information Security Reference Architecture diagrams using Lucid or a similar tool
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare, Virtual Box) etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines