It’s an exciting time to join Crown Media and become part of our award-winning in-house creative agency, Crown Global Brand Group. We are a collaborative, diverse and inclusive team of creatives who take pride in our work, company and brand.
We’re on the search for a fearless hands-on Creative Director to join this expanding creative team. The Creative Director, Motion is a primary member of the Crown Global Brand Group and is responsible for creating conceptual and engaging designs that reinforce and evolve our brand aesthetic within the parameters of our creative briefs. The ideal candidate is a highly creative thinker, collaborator, problem-solver, and passionate designer who can concept and create assets quickly across all of our different brands with ease. In addition to creative and leadership experience, you have strong creative vision, tasteful design sensibilities and an eye for detail.
Under the direction of the Sr. Creative Director, Motion, you will conceptualize, manage and execute creative solutions consistent with Crown Media and its media properties brand criteria. You will be responsible for the day to day and overall brand creative development for Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Hallmark Drama and Hallmark Movies Now. Working across both internal teams and external vendors, you will bring fresh and creative approaches to business initiatives and identify new innovative directions for the ongoing evolution of our brands.
• Work directly with Creative Directors, in house designers and external vendors to create on brand materials that support 360 marketing initiatives and move our business forward.
• Effectively partner with peers and internal clients to ensure work meets creative and strategic standards appropriate to the target audiences and brand.
• Partnering with the Sr. Creative Director, Motion Design, you will help oversee every phase of the creative process from the creative brief to development and execution all the way through to delivery
• Collaborate with other creative directors, motion designers, producers, and editors on creative ideation and exploration, executing new designs and animations.
• You will concept, manage and execute industry leading creative on projects ranging from On-Air Promos, Brand Creative, Sizzle Reels, Digital and Social content to Ad Sales initiatives, Marketing Campaigns, Corporate Presentations and other internal client needs.
• Participate in brief, creative brainstorms and team meetings
• Translate creative brief concepts into effective and original creative
• 7+ years’ experience as part of an in-house entertainment team or design agency managing, designing and animating entertainment creative.
• Experience managing a brand creative team, entertainment field or creative agency
• A demonstrated track record of success as part of a high-performing entertainment team in developing creative and motion graphic solutions for other broadcast/cable networks/streaming platforms
• Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who understands the association between strategy, content, brand and audience
• Expert design, typographic, conceptual and animation skills a must!
• Undergraduate degree with major in Graphic Arts or Design
• Experience creating concept mood boards, pitch decks and presenting to internal teams
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines while staying within budget
• Advanced/expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and 3rd party plug-ins
• Advanced knowledge of current motion graphic trends and practices
• Solid understanding of file structure and project workflow
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Comfortable troubleshooting basic IT and technical issues as they arise
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to manage and juggle multiple projects and pivot when necessary
• Must be able to share a reel, portfolio, website, or links of current work when applying
• You are a team player with a positive attitude and thrive in a collaborative work environment
• Responds with a “can do” attitude to tight deadlines and feedback from team leaders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while balancing high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
• Working knowledge of Cinema 4D
• Passionate and curious about design, TV, movies, streaming and all things entertainment
• Excellent and articulate communicator/partner who proactively seeks out information when necessary
• Ability to showcase diplomatic skills in the face of the unpredictable
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Must own an ugly holiday sweater!