This position works closely with senior management to manage the development of original content for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. This position may also be assigned to handle special projects as necessary including, but not limited to, presentation preparation and comparative programming research. This position has no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties and responsibilities)
- Review creative submissions and make recommendations for programming development; reads and critiques submissions and maintains submission database.
- Responsible for data entry and research needed to support the scheduling and acquisitions team. Also researches and inputs media and program information.
- Provides script coverage; gives notes on scripts, cuts of movies, and project ideas. Participates in note meetings with producers to guide development.
- Provide support in pitch meetings with talent, agents, and show creators.
- Identify programming opportunities based on brand content, programming trends, and ways to meet the needs of audiences
- Interact on a daily basis with other divisions within the company regarding all matters that pertain to programming, including Publicity, Marketing, and Business & Legal Affairs.
- Coordinate script/project tracking.
- View submitted sizzle reels and write up coverage.
- Work with Development Department to generate notes for each project.
- Read all revision and report the changes to the appropriate Executive.
- View all dailies and make recommendations if problem arise. (example: deviation from script, make up, wardrobe, focus or lack of coverage)
BASIC REQUIREMENTS; (The requirements that must be met by applicant)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 3 years’ television experience
- PC skills
- Microsoft Office experience
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (Other Characteristics/Competencies that may be assessed during the selection process)
- Must have excellent PC skills to perform job
- Cable and broadcast television knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail