This position can be located in Los Angeles, CA, Atlanta, GA or New York, Ny.
Under the leadership of the VP, Partnership Marketing in the Distribution department, the Director, Partnership Marketing is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives designed to further the reach and revenue of Crown Media’s Hallmark branded content products via distributor platforms and partnerships. In close collaboration with Distribution account executives, the Director initiates B2B2C marketing and merchandising activities for linear, SVOD and FAST/AVOD products including on-boarding of new partners, monthly merchandising and editorial campaigns, and contractual marketing partnerships. The Director also manages a heavy volume of partner requests and develops custom partnerships solutions. This position also provides strategic direction and guidance in the creation and maintenance of Crown’s partnership toolbox, off-the-shelf promotions, and day-to-day activities managed by the Coordinator, Partnership Marketing.
- Provide strategic direction and development of assets to manage Hallmark’s presence on new distributor platforms through onboarding, refreshed monthly creative, and merchandising opportunities.
- Drive awareness, tune-in, subscription and ad revenue through regular editorial, direct mail, digital, and retail promotions offered by distributors.
- Lead development and execution of customized partnerships that deliver on business and client objectives.
- Further Crown Media’s strategic initiatives through the development of programming and/or brand focused partnerships and materials. Includes the development of off-the-shelf promotions and evergreen materials.
- Manage relationships with internal partners in consumer marketing, digital, social media, production, and creative services to ensure that all partnerships and communications meet company objectives and brand guidelines.
- Direct activities with external vendors and agencies to ensure full effectiveness of spending and to maximize financial resources.
- Guide development of partnership toolkit and evergreen promotional strategies and assets designed to maximize consumer reach and drive earned media impressions.
- Perform post-campaign analysis, recap decks, and conduct post-mortem discussions with key stakeholders.
- Management responsibility including overseeing, developing, and coaching support staff.
- 7 years of marketing experience at an entertainment company.
- Prior cable experience preferred; digital experience ideal; media planning experience ideal.
- Experience managing a direct report and/or leading agency and external vendor activities.
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university; preferably in Communication, Business Administration or Marketing.
- Prior supervisory or project management experience.
- Proven ability in successfully creating high-quality and high-impact marketing campaign materials.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong understanding of the cable and telecommunications industry and related trends.
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation.
- Appreciates and understands the legacy of the Hallmark brand and vision and is in sync with its family-friendly promise to viewers, distributors and advertisers.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and also manage tactical execution.
- Ability to manage project budgets and timelines.
- Ability to work within a lean organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and personalities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work long hours, and travel on occasion, when needed to get the job done.
- Strong communication skills; has clear and dynamic oral, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative skills that allow this person to be credible, effective marketing source both at corporate and field marketing level, with outside agencies and with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Detailed and creative thinker with strong analytical skills to be used in developing strategies for profitable business growth.
- Team player and highly collaborative. Must be able to work well with others and work within the context of the entire company, not just his/her group.
- Competitive – constantly striving to be the best internally as well as to increase and/or improve the Crown Media Family Networks’ brands.
- Strong creative executive with a strategic mind set who can also function tactically.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal-oriented person with strong drive and a keen ability to work within a small media company like CMFN.