The Executive Assistant (EA) manages the day-to-day administrative work of the Business & Legal Affairs team, with focused support for the EVP, General Counsel. This position serves as a key coordinator for the Business & Legal Affairs team, as well as a key coordinator between the Crown Media Business & Legal Affairs team and the Hallmark Legal team. This position interacts daily with employees and senior executives at Crown Media, Hallmark and other Hallmark Affiliates as well as industry executives and vendors. The EA provides daily operational support including discrete handling of confidential and sensitive information; scheduling meetings; managing expenses; handling travel; preparation of presentation decks, reports, and correspondence; and invoice reconciliation.
- Serves as a contact for the EVP, General Counsel to all CMFN Executives and their departments; Hallmark Enterprise executives; external networks, agencies, and vendors.
- Manages and controls daily schedule using judgement and discretion in the prioritization of access to and allocation of the EVP, General Counsel’s and other Business & Legal Affairs members’ time.
- Functions as center of the Business & Legal Affairs daily operations, interactions and helps set the tone and culture within the group.
- Manages the scheduling of the EVP, General Counsel’s meetings; travel; and expense reconciliation.
- Manages and maintains calendar - prioritizes and communicates scheduling and logistics.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of Business & Legal Affairs team meetings and work sessions, managing the coordination of IT, administration functions, food and beverage needs among other details specific to the meeting or event to ensure all required logistics are in place.
- Conducts online and offline research as requested and prepares and proofs presentation decks.
- Schedules all travel arrangements including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, ground transportation, and off-site meeting venues including conference registrations, as well as monitoring travel progress (including outside of core hours).
- Prepares expense reports; reviews and analyzes for compliance expense submissions before submitting for appropriate approvals.
- Helps manage legal training and compliance requirements, such as bar expense payments and continuing legal education coordination.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent executive administrative experience, preferably with Entertainment Industry and C-suite level executives.
- Expert level experience using Microsoft Office Suite with experience building PowerPoint decks, presentations, and correspondence documents.
- Must have demonstrated ability to be spontaneous, adaptable, resourceful and provide support with efficiency.
- Proven ability to interact with senior executives, industry representatives and vendors with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective in and comfort with working in high demand environments with the ability to maintain accuracy of output, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be highly capable and desire to handle multiple projects and aim for on-time delivery.
- Must have excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be flexible in work schedule and be available to provide support on occasion outside of standard office hours.
- Collaborative with the ability to develop effective organizational wide relationships and to work in a cross-functional environment.