Location: Los Angeles, Atlanta or New York
The Manager, Brand Strategy helps develop, evolve, and implement brand strategies for the Crown Media networks and its portfolio of products using audience research and data analysis to create more differentiated services, expand consumer touchpoints and fuel the growth of the business. This position supports the development and execution of brand strategies, brand extension strategies, new product development and strategic plans by providing sophisticated research and analysis on trends, audience insights, and competitive analysis to help influence business growth and profitability. The Manager will work with colleagues across the organization from Programming, Marketing, Distribution, Research, Legal and Finance to build strategies and identify processes needed to launch and sustain new brand extensions and new products. This position will support the Director and SVP of Brand Strategy in the development of presentations and materials that define the audience and convey the networks new identities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – include the following however other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Support the brand strategy development work which includes formulating audience profiles, positioning statements, benefits, and attributes for all the Crown Media networks and streaming services.
- Analyze research and insights to create audience profiles for different products, networks, and platforms and to support the brand strategies.
- Implement and share brand strategies across the organization by developing presentations and tools that brings the strategy to life and creates brand ambassadors within the company.
- Support the development of the look and feel of the networks working closely with the Director and SVP Brand Strategy and CMO.
- Collaborate with Distribution, Marketing, HR, Digital, Publishing, Consumer Products and Ad Sales Marketing to ensure the new brand strategy and language is getting adopted in all communications and initiatives.
- Assist in the development, process and implementation of brand extensions which includes determining the brand opportunity and audience/brand alignment, analyzing the competitive landscape, and evaluating additional qualitative or quantitative research that supports the initiative.
- Support the development, process and implementation of new product development which includes determining the brand opportunity and audience/brand alignment, analyzing the competitive landscape insights, and evaluating additional qualitative or quantitative research that supports the initiative.
- Work closely with the Corporate Strategy team on brand extensions and new product development to address the financial impact for the business.
- Partner with the Corporate Strategy team to develop strategic plans and presentations for business planning or reporting purposes.
- Collaborate across the organization as a brand partner in assessing audience and brand fit for initiatives such as marketing campaigns, acquisitions, original development.
- Performs other related job duties as requested.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a brand/marketing strategy or marketing research role
- Experience in developing brand and marketing strategies in a Media, Entertainment or CPG environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the proven ability for working well within deadline parameters along with having strong follow-up skills
- Proactive, curious, detail-oriented, and proficient at juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to create and build relationships and collaborate across multiple departments
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for branding, audience insights and marketing trends
- Ability to work well with internal & external partners in a professional manner
- MBA or Advanced Degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Experience with an advertising-supported business and in a diverse filmed entertainment or streaming environment.
- Desire to work with international and emerging markets and technologies