The Manager, Network Engineering’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT and cloud assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, securing, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, cloud, and communication links. The Manager, Network Engineering will also manage and direct the activities of a team of network engineers in support of the department and company needs.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity is baselined, measured, and meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standards, policies, procedures, and associated training plans towards best practices, network resource installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, administration, appropriate use, and alignment with our parent company.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics, dashboards, and reports.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, dependencies, and related documentation.
- Plan, capture and monitor key network metrics to alert and respond to network events/thresholds, capacity planning and routing changes.
- Develop and maintain network architectures that support DR/failover, segmentation, firewalls and application connectivity across multiple locations, DMZ’s and multiple clouds.
- Partner with other technical departments on cloud solutions including integration of on premises and off premises networks.
- Partner with parent company and other technical departments to guide/assist in strategy, vision, alignment, and planning of future network services.
- Establish service level agreements.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades/renewals.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, telephony equipment and other related network devices.
- Support Hallmark managed security services in compliance with their established policies and guidelines.
- Manage and respond to networking requests and/or escalations of tickets and consultations with Crown Media departments, Hallmark companies and vendors.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Approve and administer network security and access rights.
- Direct and manage a team of network engineers including hiring, performance reviews, training, coaching, mentoring, developing, etc..
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- 6 years’ experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Certifications in CCIE or related.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including routing protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco IOS, VPN and other networking related protocols.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN appliances/tunnels, and network interface cards.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including EIGRP, BGP, Wireshark, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Experience installing network cabling and patching telephony systems.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with developing and using cloud services providers technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires the individual to be On-Call 24 hours per day 7 days per week, as necessary on a rotating basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter