Reporting to the VP, Physical Production, the Manager of Physical Production is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective production while supporting the physical production department.
• Create Data Spreadsheet for original programming including:
o gross costs, net costs, and incentives
o Directors & fees
o Lead Actor tracking cost and amenities
• Production calendars for Programming, Sales and Media Ops and Promotion.
o Cover both License and original production tracking
o Send out weekly updates
• Assists, manage & maintain established systems for the Physical Production department.
• Assists with origination and logistics for Post-Production
• Assists with developing a preliminary production plan, including schedule, location and budget considerations
• Collaborate with Creative Executives and production Finance as well as external teams to lock budget
• Lead or assist with search and hire of Directors, Creative Producers and Department Heads
• Manage collection of show deliverables upon completion of each project
• Minimum 3 years’ physical production experience in one of the following areas.
o Line Producer, UPM or coordinator in production
o Physical production staff at Network TV or Feature Film
Updated – 8/13/20
• Experience with movie magic budgeting and movie magic scheduling
• Experience budgeting and scheduling a script
• Previous experience working with Guild rules
• Experience with both union and non-union shoots
• Experience working with IATSE and Teamsters
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred
• Working knowledge of various tax incentives both domestic and international
• Experience with physical production in Canada
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Creative background with understanding of script structure, story and character
• Strong negotiation skills--experience negotiating with guilds, vendors, production services, etc.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter