The Manager of Production Finance assists the SVP of Production Finance and the VP of Physical Production with reviewing Film production budgets, implements and reviews reporting to be provided by the Production Accountants, reviews cash flows provided by Production Accountants, provides a weekly cash forecast to Corporate Finance, and responds to other ad-hock questions as required. The Production Finance Manager provides day-to-day accounting and financial analysis support for the Company’s Production Finance, Physical Production, Programming, Accounting, Corporate Finance and Legal Department.
- Work with the SVP of Production Finance, VP of Physical Production, Production Executives and the Production Services companies to review budgets and oversee other financial aspects of TV Movies and Series Productions using knowledge of union regulations (SAG/AFTRA, DGA and IATSE and the Canadian equivalents) and other production experience.
- Work with Production Accountants in the field to review cash flows and processes cash requests for all Crown Media owned productions.
- Oversees the analyses provided by the Production Accounting Analyst-Budgets and in-house Auditor.
- Oversees Production Accountants and ensure that the Accounting Procedure Manual is adhered to and all required set up documentation is completed
- Assist in developing standard budgets, cash flows and standardize other processes including recommending changes.
- Manage and review funding, related purchase order process, and cash flow projections (including to Corporate Finance).
- Perform various analyses and reporting for the Production Finance department as well as other departments.
- Assist in foreign exchange monitoring and analyzing the impact of foreign exchange on production costs.
- Assist in developing and improving new system, Adaptive, and database.
- Maintain organized accounting record keeping.
- Assist with internal and external audit inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree, in Finance, Accounting, Business/Econ or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ production accounting or finance experience (TV or Film and/or accounting in the film industry).
- Minimum 2 years managing other team members.
- Accounting background including trial balance, financials and knowledge of general ledger entries required.
- Proficiency with production accounting software and Movie Magic Budgeting.
- Intermediate+ skills in Excel and in all other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player with the ability to effectively manage others.
- Ability to multitask and quickly pivot and prioritize.
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of applicable guild rules in connection with both domestic and international residuals with respect to made for Basic Cable television movies. SAG-AFTRA, WGA, WGC, DGA, DGC, UPCP/ACTRA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure of international production requirements and foreign exchange desired.
- Knowledge of Adaptive desired.