The Post Production Senior Accountant will be performing the accounting during the post production period for several 3rd party owned movie of the week productions in the US and Internationally. Responsibilities includes cost reporting, managing tax incentives, reconciling various accounts, and reporting to Crown Media’s production finance group. Additionally, it may also involve assisting the Production Finance group with various other schedules and projects.
- Timely management of payments and other accounting transactions for various 3rd party owned Movies of the week productions according to production accounting manual and industry guidelines.
- Interact with and obtain appropriate approvals from Producers before processing transactions.
- Manage show cash flow and funding process.
- Handle union questions, issues, audits and follow ups.
- Mange tax incentives including identifying eligible cost, reviewing costs, preparing files and interacting with auditors.
- Research and follow up on accounting balances including deposits and receivables.
- Create cost reports, trial balances, bank and cash reconciliations and cash forecast and reports from 3rd party productions.
- Close down entities with the state/province.
- Dealing with various 3rd parties including production payroll service providers and auditors.
- Reply to production finance and various other departments regarding various ad hoc production accounting questions.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent relevant accounting experience within the Entertainment Industry. Previous Experience wrapping the accounting for TV or Feature shows
- Minimum 3 years’ production accounting or finance experience (TV or Film and/or accounting in the film industry)
- Previous accounting experience including trial balance, financials and knowledge of general ledger entries required.
- Experience with entertainment industry production, systems, software and process.
(including Movie Magic Budgeting, PSL, Cast and Crew, Smart Accounting, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in Excel and in all other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience as a lead accountant on a union show.
- Knowledge of applicable guild rules and guidelines in connection with both domestic and international with respect to made for Basic Cable television movies. SAG-AFTRA, WGA, WGC, DGA, DGC, UPCP/ACTRA.
- Experience with tax credits and entity set ups and close down.
- International experience desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multitask and quickly pivot and prioritize.