It’s an exciting time to join Crown Media and become part of our award-winning in-house creative agency, Crown Global Brand Group. We are a collaborative, diverse and inclusive team of creatives who take pride in our work, company and brand.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Print Designer to join this expanding creative team. The Senior Print Designer is a primary member of the Crown Global Brand Group and is responsible for creating conceptual and engaging designs that reinforce and evolve our brand aesthetic within the parameters of our creative briefs. The ideal candidate is a highly creative thinker, a collaborator, a problem-solver, and a passionate designer who can concept and create assets quickly across all of our different brands with ease. The Senior Print Designer has fresh and creative approaches to design challenges and implements new creative directions for the ongoing evolution of the brand.
This position creates compelling and innovative print design collateral for all Crown Media businesses, including Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark Publishing. The Senior Print Designer will partner with the Creative Director to collaborate with multiple in-house departments and will be responsible for creating working relationships with printers and vendors.
• Responsible for the creation of exceptional and on-brand print collateral from concept to completion. This includes:
o Corporate event invitations, event collateral, ad sales premium branding, pop-up banners, inserts, ads, billboards, product packaging, logo development and others
• Demonstrates expert technical, organizational, and communication skills
• Translates creative briefs into viable, high-impact concepts and creative
• Participation in brief, creative brainstorms and team meetings
• Strong ability to work independently, but also shows enthusiasm and thrives in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to translate creative brief concepts into effective and original creative
• Ability to balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term immediate deadlines
• Has an outstanding mastery of typography
• Fluent in the visual language of branding
• Takes a strong artistic approach to design with an eye for detail
• Enthusiastically partners with peers, direct reports and internal clients to ensure work meets creative and strategic standards appropriate to the target audiences and brand
• Effectively manages internal production of projects and outside vendor production to insure timely delivery
• Must have minimum 5 years of experience of print design, with a heavy emphasis on working within the sphere of a cohesive brand
• Undergraduate degree with a major in Graphic Arts or Design
• Advanced/Expert level Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
• Exceptional typography and conceptual skills
• Mastery of print styles, folding and printing techniques, and color/ink trends and innovations
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong understanding and experience with retouching and image production
• Experience working on and creating style guides
• Experience working on-site with print vendors and attending press checks as well as other proofing methods.
• Comfortable troubleshooting basic IT and technical issues as they arise
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Ability to work well within budget and deadline parameters.
• Responds with a “can do” attitude to tight deadlines and feedback from team leaders
• Demonstrates an ongoing desire to keep updated on the latest trends in print design and techniques
• Expert level technical skills
• Excellent and articulate communicator/partner who proactively seeks out information when necessary• Exhibits a spirit of team building vs. turf building working style
• Has the ability to showcase diplomatic skills in the face of the unpredictable
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment