This Senior Vice President (SVP) is accountable for the management of the Pricing and Planning function for Crown Media Family Networks: Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, Hallmark Drama and all Digital Platforms. This position makes regular input into the formulation of strategies and then executes approved strategies for Pricing and Planning. The role interacts with top management to adjust plans and strategies for the Networks to convince and influence business decisions. This position also builds and enhances important high level internal and external relationships. This SVP directs the team accountable for achieving significant outcomes for the Pricing and Planning team as well as Ad Sales. This position ensures that direct reports have appropriate resources to achieve defined objectives and sets a high standard for professionalism. The SVP serves as a mentor for the assistants and planners in Ad Sales department. This position reports directly to the EVP Advertising Sales and has dotted line reporting to the COO.
- Oversees the provision of pricing and profitability analyses and sales planning support including sales proposal development to the sales organization.
- Develops, oversees and administers the company's sales forecast.
- Participates in the development of advertising sales strategies focusing on market penetration, market segmentation, inventory pricing, inventory mix as well as directions for sales events and secondary markets.
- Oversees analyses of pricing, media mix and inventory allocations and determination of most profitable uses of television, digital and other assets. Determines competitive advertising rate cards and approves deviations.
- Oversees the analysis of campaign performance.
- Oversees the proposal development process by positioning the offer, providing negotiation strategies and developing new packages.
- Ensures that sales proposals collectively and individually conform to and enhance approved strategies. Sets the tactical directions for the function. Develops short- to long-term objectives and budgets.
- Sets, approves and adjusts major policies and operating procedures. Outcomes directed and influenced have material impact on the function's mid- to long-term results.
- Evaluates performance of the function against desired outcomes. Obtains and allocates resources to achieve strategic and operating goals.
- Responsible for directing effective and efficient support of the advertising sales force pre- and post- sale by the provision of optimized processes, systems and information in areas such as results reporting and analytics, compensation and sales quotas and the management of advertising contracts.
- Directs revenue forecasting, and revenue and commission tracking.
- Directs the analysis of advertising sales metrics to identify areas of concern and communicates these to relevant managers and executives to include but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring all inventory for HC, HMM, HDrama and Digital Platforms
- Determining pricing levels and construct General Rate Card based on marketplace conditions
- Monitoring pricing for DR and Paid Programming inventory
- Managing network liability that stems from under-delivery
- Establishing “get rates” that account for sell-out level and budgetary goals
- Ensures the coordination and distribution of sales materials ensuring advertising sales teams have up to date pricing and associated information.
- Collaborates with Finance, Traffic, Marketing and Programming to ensure that numbers are accurately reported and that opportunities are developed
- BA Degree in Communications, Advertising/Marketing, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- 15 years progressive and related Ad Sales Pricing and Planning and/or Operations Experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Prior management experience
- Prior planning system experience
- Prior traffic system experience
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent Excel modeling skills
- Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have proven leadership skills and ability to work across the organization
- Must possess a high level of critical thinking skills
- Must present ideas effectively – both formally and informally
- Must demonstrate an ability to take ownership and be responsible for the role
- Must have the ability t6o maintain high standards of personal and business ethics
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter