The SVP, Revenue and Strategic Research will lead a team of researchers who partner closely with key stakeholders on delivering data driven strategic insights to drive revenue and attribution in the marketplace. This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of all revenue and research processes and how the two intersect most efficiently. This role partners with Ad Sales, Distribution, Communications, Corporate Strategy and Finance to manage all research initiatives, transforming data into actionable insights that inform decisions and drive growth. Additionally, the SVP will be responsible for partnering with other segments of the company to support new business strategies. This position reports to the EVP, Consumer Insights, Strategy and Analytics and will work collaboratively across the entire team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties and responsibilities)
- Oversees all insights, strategy and analytics utilized to inform senior management in the development of the company's long-term revenue strategies, growth initiatives and key business decisions.
- Develops short and long-term research strategies to align and support Crown Media’s overarching strategic business plan and objectives.
- Expert in integrating traditional and emerging qualitative and quantitative research methods to tell powerful stories.
- Informs monetization strategies and set industry standards, including attribution methods, ad effectiveness studies, cross-platform measurement, and outcome-based guarantees.
- Selects sources and develops research methods that provide the company with needed data about target markets and other competitive industry measures such as the prevalence of programming distribution via emerging and multi-media platforms.
- Manages research consultation and materials delivered and necessary to support distribution deals and new platforms to secure and grow the Networks’ subscriber base.
- Strengthen Crown Media Family Networks competitiveness and brand position in the marketplace through strategic insightful press worthy research.
- Employs technologies and data analytics to better position the networks, SVOD, AVOD and other emerging platforms in a competitive marketplace.
- Collaborate and partner with other members of the Consumer Insights, Strategy and Analytics team to address business initiatives.
- Builds and enhances high level internal and external relationships.
- Oversees professional development for research talent, inspire growth by mentoring all staff members.
- Undergraduate degree – Business, Communications, or related field
- 15 years progressive research experience in cable and/or broadcast
- Proven leadership skills with a minimum of 10 years team management experience
- Experience with Nielsen, Comscore, MRI/Simmons, Nielsen Catalina, Nielsen Buyer Insights, and Star Media systems
- Prefer advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to apply to both research execution and business questions
- Development of proprietary data systems a plus
- Strong attention to detail, particularly when it comes to data quality and reporting
- Passionate about research, television, and entertainment content
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to tell a story using data
- Must have strong collaboration skills, with the ability to establish and sustain relationships internally and externally