The VP of Brand Editing is responsible for managing the creative editor staff and ensuring the highest technical and creative standards for On-Air Promos/short form media across all platforms, linear, digital and social. This person needs to evolve this team from both a creative and operational standpoint by setting the executional bar of excellence at a very high level. Along with editing promos, responsibilities include: handling relevant administrative duties; disseminating new editorial procedures; roll-out of new graphic media, maintaining software updates, and fostering a climate that allows for experimentation that delivers results.
- Creates the highest quality On-Air Promos and short form media
- Assures the highest quality standard for video levels, audio mixing and graphic integration
- Contributes by “pushing the envelope” and sets a high creative bar for all editors
- Analyzes and troubleshoots creative issues
- Assures quality control of Promo delivery
- Stays current with latest editorial technologies and administrative requirements
- Reports all relevant editing information in Project Session Reports for departmental database
- Responsible for time sheets and Performance Reviews of staff editors
- Manages the various editorial expectations of staff editors
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 12 - 15 years editing short form
- 8-10 years supervisory experience
- Strong editorial acumen; understanding of story telling and mixing audio
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills: communication and people skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to organize projects and disseminate relevant information
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn about new technology, think outside the box and display enthusiasm
concerning creative alternatives
- Strong technical skills/knowledge: file codec(s), various media assets, and media delivery
- Proficient in Adobe CC2020
- Experience working in a MAM environment for asset management.
Crown Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.