The VP, Consumer Insights will lead a team of researchers, serving as ‘the voice of the consumer’ and a trusted advisor and thought partner to Crown’s Global Brand Group and Brand Strategy. The VP will bring a strategic perspective on the changing television landscape and its impact on consumer behavior, as well as a drive for ‘insights to action,’ rooted in deep and holistic expertise around viewing behaviors and trends based on both primary and secondary data analyses. This position reports to the EVP, Consumer Insights, Strategy and Analytics and will work collaboratively across the entire team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties and responsibilities)
- Will be an indispensable partner to brand leadership by providing a strong, objective perspective on the voice of the consumer, and by identifying and prioritizing opportunities related to brand strategy, marketing, creative and brand execution
- Lead a team that designs, coordinates, and executes qualitative and quantitative consumer research projects; connects the dots to generate strategic actionable insights that are grounded in consumer knowledge and guided by a broader understanding of business context and implications.
- Analyze behavioral and/or third-party data to provide insights supporting business decisions and tracking performance.
- Conceive and implement new ways to connect and visualize primary data, business data and/or syndicated information to support strategic initiatives.
- Integrate primary and secondary research with business data to uncover compelling insights and deliver impactful recommendations.
- Collaborate and partner with other members of the Consumer Insights, Strategy and Analytics team to address business initiatives.
- Builds and enhances high level internal and external relationships.
- Oversees professional development for research talent, inspire growth by mentoring all staff members.
- Undergraduate degree – Business, Communications, Marketing, Social/Behavioral Sciences, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant research experience working with survey-based data, business data and syndicated data, preferably in entertainment, a network or studio
- Prior experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is required
- Proven leadership experience with a minimum of 7 years of team management experience
- Knowledge of Nielsen-based systems and viewing statistics
- Prefer advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to apply to both research execution and business questions
- Strong attention to detail, particularly when it comes to data quality and reporting
- Passionate about research, television, and entertainment content
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to tell a story using data
- Must have strong collaboration skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to establish and sustain relationships internally and externally
- Must have excellent PC (Microsoft Office applications) and Database knowledge in skills