SUMMARY This division of Tech Ops will provide Production with technical oversight and guidance throughout the production process. The vice president will be required to liaise with Crown’s physical production group, assisting and supervising all technical facets of productions. The vice president be responsible for delivering a high-quality product from a production company, through post and final delivery for distribution preparation. Most importantly they will maintain open channels of communication from the set to Crown.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – include the following however other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Establish and mange a Technical Ops Production Operations team who are accountable for the timely delivery of high-quality product from production companies/locations
- Provide guidance and supervision of assigned Tech Managers who are responsible for overseeing projects from launch through delivery
- Review, set and maintain Production Technical Standards for delivery
- Attend preproduction meetings to build knowledge of and familiarity with each project
- Oversee the arrangement for the electronic delivery of dailies and live media from production locations.
- Where required work with external vendors such as Post Houses to clarify technical requirements.
- Be integrated with the existing production management team
- Understand and maintain below the line cost controls through the process
- Performs other related job duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years television and film production experience
- 3 years previous team management experience
- Experience in both the rental and owned equipment area
- Location and stage experience
- Multicamera and single camera experience
- Recent content and daily delivery to the cloud
- Extensive knowledge and experience with production crews with the ability to work both above and below the line.
- Strong collaboration skills with the demonstrated ability to establish and sustain relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrability ability to successfully manage, from a technical aspect, a number of concurrent production projects.
- Ability to successful lead and motivate team with a continued focus on delivery through and adherence to the required technical standards
- Proven ability to provide technical solution to address and successful overcome issues to successful prevent delivery delays. Extended travel and weekend work required.
- Must be a team player