Crown Media has a unique opportunity for a candidate to help our business evolve our content in all its forms to present the best image of our brands to audiences and business partners alike. This position will contribute to the creation and protection of the integrity of Crown Media’s and Hallmark’s brands and standards policies, as well as compliance with federal regulations and guidelines. This role will identify high risk and sensitive issues during content and advertising review, and will work with various divisions at Crown Media and across Hallmark to present ourselves in a coordinated and consistent way that represents the highest standards for our businesses.
- Oversee commercial clearance and the programming standards process for Crown Media brands. Responsibilities include policy creation, and evaluation of commercial content for national ad sales, direct response advertising and internal marketing campaigns.
- Develop standards guidelines after reviewing and coordinating with internal brand representatives, including executives in the Sales, Programming, Affiliate, and Hallmark business and corporate departments.
- Work directly with Ad Sales, Commercial Operations, Scheduling, Programming and Marketing teams so advertising and promotions meet FCC, FTC, COPPA and other federal requirements.
- Educate Crown Media’s business teams on standards and practices concerns and policies.
- Review, screen and evaluate content, including programming, advertisements, PSAs and related claims/substantiation to facilitate Crown Media’s compliance with internal standards guidelines and policies.
- Maintain strong ability to speak up confidently and convincingly about standards positions.
- Help the company develop clear and consistent guidelines, taking into account Crown Media’s audiences, public sentiment, and commercial and ethical factors that are consistent with the company’s business practices.
- Facilitate and contribute to standards decision making with internal Crown Media and Hallmark executives and external commercial clients on production, advertising submissions, distribution partner matters, and other outside business partners.
- Develop guidelines and processes for categories of content and advertising, including time of airing and coordination with the Commercial Operations teams to flag certain content and ads in terms of scheduling in and around series/programs for sensitivity purposes.
- Review and approve competitive advertising inventory in collaboration with Crown Media Sales Management and subject to production and policy guidelines.
- Flag legal and sensitive standards issues and consult with Crown Media Business and Legal Affairs department.
- Maintain a central database for commercial tracking purposes.
- BA/BS Degree, JD optional
- 10+ years working experience at a network (cable or broadcast) working in Standards & Practices, Commercial Clearance or relevant experience
- Strong familiarity with regulatory and rules, including FDA, FTC and FCC regulations, indecency and trade libel
- Familiarity in clinical research/trials, consumer perception studies and substantiation
- Experience working on content in a standards & practices capacity
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and oral/written communication skills
- Successful track record of executive level interactions
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Team player who can build an environment of collaboration and collegiality with colleagues and clients
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter