Primary Location: New York, NY
Current is a dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans leading an independent agency owned by the Interpublic Group (IPG). Our agency – with offices in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco – works with iconic brands and blue chip clients to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns. Launched in 2006, Current offers an exciting career opportunity for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.talktocurrent.com.
Current New York is seeking an Account Supervisor or Senior Account Executive to support several home and lifestyle category accounts. Our ideal candidate will be able to develop a solid understanding of the clients’ business and industry, and demonstrate the know-how to translate that knowledge into strategic and creative tactical implementation. We are looking for an efficient task manager skilled in program execution, including media pitching, writing, event logistics, research, budgeting and account administration procedures. This level also begins to take a supervisory role with junior team members.
- On-budget and on-schedule implementation of assigned projects
- Prepare timely team and client updates on all stages of project progress
- Participate in client conference calls and meetings as needed
- Prepare accurate and thorough conference call or client meeting recap reports within 24 hours of meeting
- Demonstrate mastery of AP-writing and editing style
- Create media materials that are strong in both structure and style and align with strategic direction set by team leadership; supervisory edits should be limited to content, not story, structure or flow
- Develop media strategy documents and demonstrate knowledge of top tier media important to clients’ business
- Demonstrate knowledge of client’s business objectives and proactively suggest programs to meet those objectives
- Research industry or program-relevant topics; summarize research findings into conclusions and ramifications
- Serve as liaison with spokesperson and speakers bureau candidates as appropriate
- Manage and oversee core program elements as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 3+ years professional consumer PR experience in an agency setting