Current is a dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans leading an independent agency owned by the Interpublic Group (IPG). Our agency – with offices in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco – works with iconic brands and blue chip clients to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns. Launched in 2006, Current offers an exciting career opportunity for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.talktocurrent.com
Whether you’re building a house, a brand, or an integrated marketing campaign, it all starts with setting a strong foundation. At Current, this means leveraging a combination of research, strategic thinking, storytelling and passion to help campaigns avoid faulty assumptions, see the bigger picture of engaged audiences and market landscapes, and focus precious marketing dollars on what’s truly important.
We’re looking for a strategic storyteller to join our team in San Francisco. This person will lead strategy development and planning for multiple clients. Our ideal team member will combine right and left brain thinking – the combustible combination of finding an insight but also being able to share the strategic narrative through story telling (visual, verbal, written). You will lead insight development through audience research, cultural / competitive analysis and business analysis.
This opportunity is ideal for anyone who’s looking for an opportunity to be part of a larger transformative process that covers a myriad of components of integrated communications, ranging from traditional media relations to social media to content marketing to influencer relationships to events.
• Develop strategy narratives that are compelling, insightful, and impactful
• Drive strategy discussions with project teams
• Develop succinct and compelling creative briefs
• Collaborate with teams to develop and present on-strategy creative and tactical ideas
• Share strategic stories and creative ideas through visual language as well as written language.
• Design and implement research projects to address client business issues, gain insight into target audiences, and test concepts as appropriate
• Define the research needed to understand and solve client problems, and work with teams and vendors to conduct the research and analyze the results
• Present findings in client settings and through clearly written materials
• Serve as clients’ primary strategic planning contact during program execution
• Lead client meetings and presentations
• Anticipate client needs and address all client requests in timely and thorough manner
• Inform the optimization of Strategic Planning processes and resource investments
• Learn the business of the agency, its clients and its internal processes and procedures
• Ability to work independently/autonomously
• Proven track record of inspiring creative and successfully partnering with Creative teams
• Talent for abstract thinking and spotting trends and patterns
• Innate curiosity and insight into human behavior
• Know-how to build a narrative and tell a story that wows
• Ability to ramp up quickly and juggle multiple initiatives
• Ability to synthesize information into meaningful content
• Willingness to take a creative approach to understanding and disseminating business insights
• Ability to partner closely with clients, internal teams and partner agencies to balance competing insights and interests
• Ability to balance workload between projects and efficiently manage time
• Strong writing skills and excellent oral communications
• Superb attention to detail
• Familiarity with different types of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and tools, and ability to apply them to a client challenge
• Experience directing research, analyzing the results, and clearly writing and presenting the findings
• Firm understanding of how integrated marketing campaigns are developed and executed
• Experience developing marketing strategies for consumer brands
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in and/or with large, marketing-oriented companies
Current is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status. Learn more and apply here.