WSET ABC 13 in beautiful Lynchburg, Virginia, is seeking a full-time Digital Content Producer. The Digital Content Producer will write, edit and manage news stories, photos, video, livestreaming and interactive content for all of our digital platforms.
- Must be a self-starter
- Have a strong writing and editing abilities
- Solid news judgment
- Understanding of analytics and how to apply them in editorial situations
- Ability to multitask and work well under intense pressure
- Knowledge of AP style
- Computer skills
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Professional working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement
- Be able to prioritize workload and manage time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Must be willing to work weekends and weekday evenings
- College degree in Digital Media, Journalism or Communication or relevant experience
- Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the righr entry-level candidate may be considered.
- This person reports ot the Digital Content Manager, but also takes direction from newsroom management.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.