WSET ABC 13 is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist for our Danville, Virginia bureau; near the North Carolina border. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. Our journalists are a voice for the voiceless and are not afraid to hold government officials accountable. The Danville bureau is staffed with two MMJs and two photographers to assist with shooting, editing and live shots.
Skills and Experience:
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative storyteller
- The ability to work well independently
- Work a beat and pitch enterprise stories daily
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years reporting experience is required
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter