The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed to represent a comprehensive and/or exclusive description of all duties/responsibilities and requites skills associated with the position.
Sr. Web Producer
Must know and perform (as needed) all of the Web Producers’ duties. Responsible for all aspects of the station’s web sites, including but not limited to:
Generation and maintenance of news content
Production of text, photos and videos, streaming of newscasts and live news events
Monitoring the web site for quality control purposes
Production of special sections including news, advertising and special interest content
• Supervises the team of Web Producers, including the delegation of work assignments, scheduling and performance evaluations
• Works with the Web Sales Manager to generate and maintain sponsored online content, works with National Sales and Editorial team to manage all production/quality aspects of the station’s web site
• Conceptualizes and produces high profile creative online material
• Facilitates the editorial gathering of compelling web material using information from various sources and contacts
• Works with newsroom editorial managers to integrate broadcast and online newsgathering to facilitate the delivery of content using new distribution platforms
• Ensures websites are coded to standards consistent with web style
• Advanced knowledge of internet publishing and graphic design software and content management systems
• Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a strict deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work under pressure as a cohesive member of a team
• Interface with Editorial managers and supervisors from the Broadcasting side of newsroom to create a cohesive working atmosphere, managing the delivery of content using new distribution platforms
• Work effectively and courteously with all other departments.
• Must be creative, concise, and attentive to detail, be able to handle deadline pressure, take direction from producers and adapt quickly to emerging Web technologies and social media.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant News Director and/or the News Director.
• Occasionally sets up, adjusts, controls, tests and operates station equipment to meet position requirements
• Constantly uses verbal, audible, and visual abilities to perform essential functions. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Regularly receives and distributes information and instruction, via telephone, e-mail and memo, to station personnel or outside organizations
• Regularly moves throughout the station and the department to coordinate work requirements
• Sits for extended period of time in order to accomplish essential duties
• Regularly operates PC to complete required graphics, reports and documentation. Requires fine motor skills
• Work varied hours, holidays and weekends, as required
• Attend and participate in any company training seminars, meetings or other attendance required events
• Comply with all Station and Department policies, procedures and guidelines
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably with emphasis on journalism and/or communications
Minimum of 2 years’ of proven experience in online information reporting or editing. Experienced in content management systems for websites and developing social media campaigns. To be considered for this position, please include a work sample, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Schedule may vary based on the needs of the department. Changes to this schedule must be pre-approved by the Senior Web Producer prior to deviation, excluding changes to the lunch hour.
It is an essential part of the Web Producer’s job to be willing to adjust hours to meet the fluctuating demands of a television station. If special events fall on an employee’s day off they may be required to participate if requested. Overtime/varied hours may also be required based on the needs of the department. No vacation or personal time may be taken one week prior, and throughout, the television ratings periods.
Primary responsibilities are to assist the local sales team. Responsible for maintaining account files, processing orders, revisions and cancellations. Acts as a liaison between Account Executives, agency buyers, reps and clients. Filing, answering phones, and general administrative work; other duties as assigned. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint desired; must be able to calculate figures and prioritize; excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to work well under pressure and be a team player. College degree preferred. 1-2 years office or related experience required.
Local Sales Coordinator
Maintain account files; process orders, order revisions, and order pre-clearance. Research and resolve discrepancies; post invoiced times to ensure rating point delivery; utilize in-house Wide Orbit Traffic system; execute contracts and invoices to clients and account executives; distribute spot times and placement to clients; relay tapes and instructions to station Traffic department; act as liaison between clients and account executives; assist Sales Director. Candidate should possess excellent organizational and verbal skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The ability to perform in a highly charged sales environment is essential. Previous broadcast television experience is a plus and a college degree is preferred.
Digital Journalist/PJ (2 positions)
We’re seeking photojournalists who are also looking to polish their on-air skills. Can you shoot and tell a compelling story on your own? Can you shoot in-house to help other Digital Journalists and Anchors tell their stories? Can you work with our journalists to track down and report complex, compelling stories? Then we are looking for you. Along with gathering news and working on stories this position also includes responsibilities such as studio production work (i.e. running studio cameras during newscasts.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with an emphasis on journalism and/or communications. Experience: Small- to medium-market experience in broadcast news reporting.
We are looking for someone with combined experience as a studio production worker and photojournalist. The ideal candidate will work in the studio for newscasts. This journalist will also shoot breaking news, stories with anchors, and other news stories as assigned. Must like to hustle and be competitive with other stations in the market. The PJ/DJ will use various forms of technology to get stories posted online and to air. He or she must also have the ability to visually tell compelling stories. Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with an emphasis on journalism and/or communications. Experience: Small- to medium-market experience in broadcast news photography and/or broadcast news production.
The Producer/Booker is a news content expert who reports to the Executive Producer and is responsible for growing our audience through the coordination of programming and news department segments, series and quests by performing the following duties:
Conceptualizing, producing and booking highly creative and localized segments for the morning newscasts. This includes post and pre-game shows.
• Conceptualize, execute and enhance the vision and philosophy of news content management.
• Oversee content of newscasts and proactively act as the “go-to” person for booking compelling and relevant guests for Good Day Charlotte during the weekdays, weekends and post and pre-game shows with a focus audience growth. Participants and experts should resonate with a large portion of the Charlotte market.
• Greet, escort and ensure guests are properly equipped with mic and any other equipment the guest (s) might need during the weekday morning show.
• Encourage guests on GDC to post on social media to their fan base before and after appearances. Assist with taking photos.
• Develop creative new ideas and segments in a professional manner to keep the shows fresh with local content for all newscasts including GDC. Must attend all editorial meetings during shift.
• Act as a liaison with the Promotions department to assist with the booking and execution of satellite live shots to support high profile guests and series.
• Identify and communicate with Promotions department which stories and/or shows need to be cross-promoted.
• Oversee gathering of viewer “On Your Side” and vet which ones are relevant enough to air.
• Creatively use skills to produce great TV. Utilize networks of contacts (i.e. PR) to secure celebrity guests visiting Charlotte. Develop contacts in other markets to borrow successful concepts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, News Production preferred. The candidate must possess a minimum of five plus years’ experience in a television newsroom or comparable. Must possess strong oral and written skill set in Social Media. Strong people, leadership and motivation skills a must. Candidate must be highly creative and able to visualize and execute compelling television segments. Candidate must be extremely organized and motivated and have outstanding news and content judgment with the ability to react when breaking news occurs. Experience on the assignment desk is a plus. Must be a very good communicator with a strong work ethic. Working knowledge of libel laws, journalistic ethics and contest rules. Proficiency with newsroom computer systems (iNews, AVID, etc.) microwave and satellite news gathering.
The FOX Owned and Operated television station in Charlotte, NC, seeks a talented producer to take charge of Good Day Charlotte’s weekend edition. The ideal candidate must be creative, energetic, and have great editorial judgment. The show is a mix of hard news and lots of live guest segments. Must be a leader in the newsroom. Works with Executive Producer, Managing Editor, and Digital Journalists to ensure our news product is credible, timely, and presented in an innovative style. Must be willing to take
chances and try new things. Must be able to write copy and create graphics that capture the viewers’ attention. Must possess a minimum of 2 years television news writing and producing experience. College degree in journalism or equivalent is required. iNews and Adobe Premiere Pro experience preferred. Must possess excellent news judgment. Knowledge of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg County area is preferred. Dependability, strong writing skills and accuracy are crucial.
To apply please visit the following website:
For opportunities at other 21st Century Fox companies, please visit http://www.21cf.com/JobSearch/QuickSearch/.