WTVC has an immediate opening for a Weekend Anchor/Investigative Reporter! The weekend anchor/reporter anchors assigned weekend newscasts and investigates, and reports stories as assigned for the balance of their schedule. Strong on-air presentation skills are a must along with the ability to gather information and present news reports on air from the field and in the studio. The weekend anchor/reporter will also provide content for the station’s web page and social media sites and must have the ability to shoot and edit video as needed.
Responsibilities include but are limited to the following:
- The ability to effectively anchor from the studio as well as conduct interviews and gather information in the field.
- Report and write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded.
- Generate content for the station’s web site as well as the station’s social media sites.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- Hours: Must be available to work each weekend as well as the flexibility to work other shifts as needed including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Three (3) years minimum experience preferred including prior news reporting and anchoring.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, strong storytelling and organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must along with a positive can-do attitude.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.