Date Posted: December 2, 2021
Location/Market (City, State): Denver, Colorado
Media (Station Call Letters and Channel): KCEC-TV Univision
Company Division: TV
Job Type (i.e. Part-Time, Full-Time): Full-Time
Job Title: News Director
KCEC-TV UNIVISION COLORADO AFFILIATE: is looking for an experienced and dynamic News Director with the talent and energy to lead our Emmy award winning News department.
- Primarily responsible for managing the stations' news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 4 newscasts daily Monday thru Friday.
- Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms.
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction.
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff.
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel.
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, to establish ratings goals, and to effectively reach said goals.
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws.
- You will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization.
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years' experience in news management with noted leadership skills required.
- The candidate must be bilingual Spanish / English
Special Skills / Requirements:
The special skills required for the position of news director will likely have to balance time between meeting deadlines for on-air commitments working with the news briefs producer and coordinating with the digital team, making split-second decisions on editorial content, ensuring that the editorial standards are always met. The news director maintains a close relationship with the on-air talent to maintain the editorial voice of the news. Flexibility is a key element of the news director in the face of breaking news and the ever busy digital era that requires up to the minute reporting. Speed to market is a mantra the news director embodies and leads their staff with on a daily basis.
A complete understanding of the various elements happening and the existing programming at Univision is a vital skill to have to become the TV news director.
Entravision is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Send Resume to: [email protected] or mail to 1907 Mile High Stadium West Circle, Denver, CO 80204 Attn: Tonya Meyer. Apply online at https://entravision.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=2803&site=1
Closing Date: January 30th 2022
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter