The Digital & Social Content coordinator will assist the Vikings digital and social groups, creating content specifically for the team’s various digital properties. This person will oversee the Vikings push notification strategy, working with partnerships and business intelligence to create engaging campaigns. They will also work closely with the digital team to help launch new technologies or platforms – like OTT. This person will also create social specific content for the Vikings Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube accounts. In some instances, they may serve as the point person on select digital-only content series. This position will also assist with social community management and ideation around digital and social content opportunities. Apply online at Vikings.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist digital team with Vikings Now OTT and Vikings VR applications, updating and managing content.
· Assist with Alexa Flash Briefing and Vikings Daily Program
· Manage organization’s push notification strategy on the Vikings mobile app. Will work with sales, marketing and content teams to build and create relevant notifications and experiences – both location based real-time
· Serve as a point of content with Rover, building new templates for tentpole events as well as retail and event opportunities
· Assist with content uploading and programming for Vikings.com.
· Assist with social community management, creating and encouraging a two-way dialogue with fans
· Assist with implementation of content strategy on gamedays and events
· Assist with innovation on new digital and social platforms, defining organization strategies in a fluctuating digital/social landscape
· Work closely with the team’s sales & marketing, community relations, public relations, ticketing, stadium ops, MVC (Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders), Viktor, Vikings Women, fan experience & merchandise sales departments to create and execute social media marketing, promotional and sponsor-related campaigns as needed
· Be involved in the planning and execution of Vikings digital & social media efforts in a highly innovative environment where collaboration is highly encouraged
· Other duties as assigned
· Collaborate with various departments with vested digital & social media interests
· Flexibility to work long hours, evenings, weekends and willingness to travel
· Project a professional image in all interactions including fans, corporate partners and Vikings associates
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 2-3+ years’ experience in Digital Media, Social Media, Digital Marketing, or a related field
· Knowledge of digital space including mobile applications, OTT, VR and AR
· Must have an outstanding working knowledge of all major social platforms
· Excellent writing, communication and proof reading skills; superior attention to detail
· Availability to work long, irregular hours
· Adaptability to a fast-paced environment involving simultaneous projects and multiple supervisors
· Ability to meet deadlines and think creatively
· Possesses initiative, passion for innovation and technology, organization, customer focus, effective communication
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
· Must be able to navigate the stadium on home or away games to access the field, outdoor plaza, press box, locker room, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Will have duties at home and away stadiums, community events and other Vikings events
· Ability to work in inclement weather conditions