WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an experienced and credible Weekend Meteorologist to forecast weather conditions. Produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. Read more to apply!
Location: Rochester, New York
Posting Date: April 22, 2016
Posting Time Frame: 20 Business Days
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an experienced and credible Weekend Meteorologist to forecast weather conditions. Produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
• Ensures all content meets standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating weather programming.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Writes and reports live and recorded news stories as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology.
• Minimum three years' experience in weather reporting and anchoring preferred.
• Minimum two years on-air experience with superior on-air presence.
• Proficient with Weather Central.
• Strong understanding of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting lake effect snow.
• AMS Certification preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Weekend Meteorologist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Weekend Meteorologist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter