PBS NewsHour is looking for an Anchor Assistant who will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative and research support for the anchors of a nightly national news program. The Anchor Assistant will work with the rest of the broadcast support staff to ensure smooth operations and communications.
As our Anchor Assistant, you will:
- Perform various administrative tasks
- Conduct research for Anchors and Senior Producers about news stories and reports
- Use your good judgement to determine the importance and urgency of communications
- Assist with other duties in the day to day functions of a busy newsroom and office
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity and facility with internet research
- An interest in journalism and interest/basic working knowledge of current events
- Demonstrated understanding an application of computer technology to accomplish work, specifically Microsoft Office programs
- A minimum 2 years of administrative office experience
- Bachelor’s degree
PBS NewsHour is a wholly-owned, non-profit subsidiary of WETA. For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.