PBS NewsHour has an exciting opportunity for a Producer who can take a deep dive and develop the details of a story. As our Producer, General Assignment you’ll work on longer-form pieces, covering a number of topics for both broadcast and online. You’ll be making pitches and seeing them through to completion.
As a Producer, General Assignment, you also will:
- Research and arrange interviews.
- Coordinate and field produce shoots.
- Oversee editing of stories for air.
- Contribute and support production of online content.
- The ability to shoot and edit using non-linear editing programs.
- Exceptional creative, verbal and writing skills.
- Can work closely and collaboratively with colleagues under deadline pressure.
- Master organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- A minimum 4 years of experience working in broadcast journalism/bachelor’s degree/equivalent combination of training and experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- 403(b)/Roth and outstanding company match program
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Free parking
- Workplace events and volunteer opportunities
PBS NewsHour is a wholly-owned, non-profit subsidiary of WETA. For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.