You’ve submitted the Summer 2021 Application (application form + video interview). What happens next?
From the fall through the spring, the Foundation will review for various internship requests from our partners. A list of our partners can be found here: https://www.emmabowenfoundation.com/partners.
For each partner request, the process is as follows:
- The Foundation reviews applicant pool to identify applicants who meet the qualifications of the request.
- The Foundation reaches out to those applicants by email for further consideration. Applicants will be given a deadline to submit any additional information, including an updated resume.
- The Foundation forwards applicants from that review to our partner.
- Our partner reviews EBF candidates and identifies those candidates that will continue in the company’s interview process. All candidates may not receive an interview.
- Our partner selects the 2021 EBF Fellow who will intern at their company. At that time, the other candidates will be notified that they were not selected.
We work with over 60 companies with unique hiring schedules, so applicants may be considered at any time from the fall to the spring. We do not have a set deadline, but recommend that students apply as early as possible to maximize consideration for opportunities. We will continue to accept applications until the final placement is completed.
As noted above, Foundation staff will reach out to you if you are being considered for one of the internship opportunities. Please note that this could happen at any time during the application cycle up until May 1st.
On or by May 1st, we will notify all applicants of their final status for Summer 2021. We encourage all applicants to continually search for other opportunities. The Foundation attempts to match qualified candidates’ interests and qualifications with the requirements of our partners. Given the limited number of opportunities, we cannot offer candidates a variety of options for placement.