WKSU is seeking a determined, persuasive, skillful media sales professional to join their team.
In this position you will help businesses and non-profits connect to WKSU’s audience with their sponsorship message on multiple delivery channels including radio, digital and events. In this relationship building role, you will reach out to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a high performance position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. While managing an account list you will also focus on developing new business.
Do You Have?
- Media sales experience is high on our list. In fact, 2+ years is what we are looking for. Sales in broadcast and digital is preferred.
- Passion for public media and the power of radio Knowledge about the programming is beneficial.
- Must have self-motivation and bring an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking for a self-starter with ideas and drive to succeed.
- Excellent people skills – Proactive relationship builder with great listening skills and an easy rapport that is credible and trustworthy.
- Communication skills - thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Can you create professional visual presentations and proposals?
- An aptitude for analytics – the ability to gather market data, conduct research and use it to deliver effective presentations.
- Time and resource management skills - prioritize effectively to achieve/exceed goals.
- A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
- 4 year college degree; Marketing, Business or related field is preferred; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to six years of experience in sales.
To apply, we require: (1) a letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned to this position and (2) your resume. This is YOUR opportunity TO SELL us on being a qualified candidate for this position!
- Compensation package that is competitive and focused on professional development and growth
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support
- Team of smart, creative and collaborative people
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
- An opportunity for free higher education, including graduate level degrees such as an MBA, PhD, etc.
- Generous personal time off, including holidays
- Generous State Retirement Savings Plan along with medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
For a complete description of this position and to apply online,
visit our jobsite at https://jobs.kent.edu