WNET seeks a fundraising professional to join the Individual Giving team in cultivating, soliciting, and engaging our Patron donors who support WNET’s work with gifts ranging from $1,500 to $24,999 each year.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Individual Giving and supports all operational aspects of solicitation, recognition, and stewardship of individual Patron donors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the Director and Individual Giving Officer, execute a detailed strategy and solicitation timeline for the WNET mid-level giving program;
- Successfully and effectively solicit gifts from individual mid-level donors through the management of a portfolio of donors from $1,500 to $5,000;
- Build strong personal relationships with mid-level donors through strategic phone calls, personalized email communications, formal presentations, and events;
- Design, oversee, and orchestrate the Patron donor welcome series for new mid-level contributors;
- Create compelling solicitation and stewardship materials, including personalized correspondence, acknowledgements, direct mail appeals, email communication, and family foundation reports and proposals;
- Collaborate to develop strategies to feed the major gifts pipeline, partnering directly with Major Gifts to transition relationships primed for upgrading;
- Collaborate with Donor Engagement on donor events—in person or virtual—as part of the cultivation and stewardship process;
- Manage dedicated communication lines (phone and email) for Patrons;
- In remote environment, send weekly acknowledgement email communication for all recent gifts received.
- In collaboration with Gift Processing and Development Operations, maintain mid-level donor records in donor database (Salesforce);
- Work with all members of the mid-level giving team to generate and manage appropriate solicitation lists for various annual giving campaign mailings and other direct mail projects;
- Work closely with Gift Processing and Development Operations to remain up-to-date on Patron gift processing, tracking reports, direct mail appeals, and acknowledgements.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with senior development executives and high net worth donors; BA/BS or equivalent experience. The successful candidate will have a track record as an effective communicator adept at developing donor relationships, drafting proposals, donor correspondence, donor database management (experience in Salesforce preferred), and other kinds of fundraising and reporting materials. In addition, candidates must have strong writing skills and an exceptional attention to detail. Availability to participate in evening and weekend events will be necessary.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter