Hallmark Publishing is the book publishing arm of Crown Media (the Hallmark channels), publishing in eBook, paperback, and audiobook. We specialize in feel-good, uplifting sweet romance and cozy mystery, and we seek out diverse books. Our titles have hit bestseller lists and have been adapted into Hallmark Channel movies. We are seeking a marketing manager to lead and execute marketing strategies with our internal teams and outside partners. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to take ownership of individual campaigns while juggling multiple projects simultaneously, as well as the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across teams in a corporate environment.
This role will report to the publishing director and is based in Studio City, CA. We will consider highly qualified candidates who can work from our New York office.
Create and manage marketing campaigns from start to finish for trade paperbacks and mass market titles, within an established budget, which may include many of the following:
- personal outreach to media, developed with PR
- outreach to book bloggers and podcasters
- a virtual book tour
- on-air promos, integrations, and keyables
- other integrations with Hallmark Channel promotions, events, and campaigns
- third-party newsletter promotions
- social media and other digital advertising
- mobile messaging
- website presence and strategy, developed with the web team
- newsletter strategy, developed with the email marketing team
- social media marketing strategy, developed with the social media team
- B2B marketing to retailers and libraries
- Drive Amazon sales with AMS advertising, A+ content creation, metadata optimization, and price pulsing.
- Manage creation of all digital marketing assets, on-air promos, and keyables.
- Review and approve website pages, newsletters, and press releases.
- Write sell copy as needed.
- Track sales performance to evaluate overall success of tactics and implement that knowledge for continuous improvement.
- Direct consumer research to identify winning strategies and conduct competitive research to identify publishing and marketing trends.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, or a related field
- Experience in a marketing or publicity role at a book publishing company
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to incorporate research and analytics into data-driven marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of retail metadata
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience marketing romance, cozy mystery, women’s fiction, Christian fiction, and/or cookbooks
- Copywriting experience
- Experience in Amazon and social media advertising campaigns
- Experience in giving creative direction and feedback to individuals and teams
- Knowledge of Nielsen BookScan, SailThru email marketing software, and/or Adobe software are a plus
Please use link provided below to apply: