This position works across the organization to create lead the strategy for Music Licensing for content. The VP, Music Strategies & Licensing will oversee use of music within Hallmark Content from a creative licensing POV, working closely with Production, Development, Marketing, Digital, Social Media and Business and Legal Affairs. This position reports directly to the SVP Business and Legal Affairs.
Oversees all aspects related to licensing for projects throughout all phases of production, pre and post and ensures that licensing is finalized, recorded and all rights information is appropriately tracked for the business.
• Negotiate favorable rates and secure rights for material (music & other media) for programming/projects produced by Crown Media.
• Collaborate on a regular basis with Production, Creative Services, Marketing as well as Business and Legal Affairs
• Develop standards to proactively look at cost saving options and alternatives when securing rights for materials to be used for Hallmark content.
• Serve as the project lead and subject matter expert on all projects and assignments.
• Supervises support team and ensures that direct report(s) are properly trained and developed in their roles.
• 10 years’ experience licensing for all types of media platforms
• PC skills
• Microsoft Office experience
• Project management experience
• Negotiation experience and skills
• Must have ability to thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of music, it’s history, genres, and styles
• Comprehensive knowledge of the music business and current issues in the industry
• Deep understanding and knowledge of the creation of music and of the creation of television/digital/ social medial content
• Must have a wide range of film and TV contacts at record labels, music publishers, Performing Rights Societies (PRS), Music supervisors and composers
Crown Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
If interested please use direct link to apply: